Offering a mobile service
(we come to you)
With You Advocacy Services
RSW, BSW, BEd, BA (PSYCHOLOGY)
Dedicated Social Worker and Teacher, committed to education, advocacy, and a person’s right to self- determination. Believe in accompanying others through their own process of self-empowerment, recognition and development of strengths. Passionate about building a strong, inclusive community.
- Registered Social Worker – New Brunswick Association of Social Workers (2014-present)
- NB Teacher’s Certification – Level 5 Major: English Minors: Psychology/Guidance
- Counselling Skills Certification Level 1 – Sept-Oct 2015 (30 hrs), School of Social Work, Dalhousie University, NS
- Facilitator Training, Fredericton Sexual Assault Crisis Centre: The Empowerment Project /Man to Man (self-protection, assertiveness workshops, reducing sexual assault) (May 27-29 2014)
- ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)- April 2015
- Featured in Living Healthy in Atlantic Canada magazine (2010).
- Represented the IWK Foundation (ambassador family for NB) in an advocacy role. Highlighted in their “With You” campaign and report to donors. This involved video & various print media, as well as public appearances. (2009). Key speaker at IWK events, as well as appearances at IWK Telethon & Radiothon.
- Awarded eBay Canada’s Mompreneur of the Year Award (2008); nominated for the NB CBDC’s Woman Entrepreneur of the Year award
- Featured in an article (“A Fine Balance”) in Progress magazine, March 2009
- Recipient of: the Dr. Florence M. Christie Memorial Bursary (for volunteerism, 2012), MindCare NB Scholarship (2012, 2013), Flemming Memorial Scholarship (Canadian Federation of University Women, 2011).
Did you know...
My interest & vast experiences in disability & chronic health issues, as well as advocacy in education (even applying for funding & accessing resources)... started with my own experiences advocating for my teenage son (who has a disability)... and built from there.
Specializing in health care management and disability advocacy
Registered Social Worker (NB)
I am an independent Registered Social Worker who has a knack for finding resources & supports within the community, & making connections. I have seen, time and time again, people who face more hardship than they need to because they don't have the knowledge, resources, or skills to navigate "the system" or make appropriate connections that can better their lives. My goal is to help people overcome these barriers.